Champagne & Shine | Fall Nail Series ( How I Take Care of My Nails. )

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hola! 

So today I come to you all with a new nail post, as you guys may know, I love doing my nails so it's no surprise I'm so quickly updating a new look. I've decided to go natural and drop the acrylic nail look since the glue was crushing the health of my natural nails so in today's post I will talk about nail care and how I painted my nails these pretty colors! 


Nail Care Routine:


I used to always make the mistake of cutting my cuticles. I've always been obsessed with clean, nice looking nails and ever since I have a conscience I remember always cutting and filling the places around my nails where I had cuticles, and I just always remember getting more and more after every time. After a minor injury, I stopped cutting my cuticles off, and in a wonder, my cuticles have now gone down a little. In an attempt to save your eyes from looking at gross finger nails, I edited out the ugly cuticles I do still have from my picture. Don't mind that. So, back to the subject, I've always had memories of tearing the cuticles off, and since I stopped, my nails look a lot better. Lesson learned, NEVER CUT YOUR CUTICLES! 

A tip I have for all of you, cut your nails, and when you get to the filing stage, file your nails inwards towards the middle, never go on a straight line. The straight back and forth way makes your nails more fragile and a lot easier to break. File them only until you reach the desired height, and only the top. NEVER FILE THE WHOLE PART OF YOUR NAILS! You will erase two layers instantly and it'll make your nails fragile!! IF you must go through the top, take a nail buffer and buff with a soft side. They do a much better job!  

When you're done filing, take some cuticle oil and run it over your nails, this will help them grow stronger and a lot more beautifully. Also, the oil helps soften the skin that usually grows into cuticles and it kills them! 

So, after you've completed all those steps, wash your hands and come back, apply one layer of base coat or strengthener to your bare nail, and then carry on to apply your nail polish, and then use another layer of clear nail polish to strengthen the nail! 


Products I used: ( And their alternatives ) 

L'Oreal Paris Nail Colour in Charmed, I'm Sure #350 ( Seen on my middle finger.)






L'Oreal Paris Nail Colour in Walk on the Beach ( Alternative for the rest of my nails. )




My song of the day:  

 



See you soon!
Much love,
P

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts